Friday, April 22, 2011

What's in Your Makeup Bag?

I don't know with other girls, but with me, not all the items in my vanity kit are regularly put to use.  Only half of them is in my must-haves list, and I'm not really sure why I still find the urge to buy and keep the rest.  Hmm. Perhaps that's wired in every woman, to collect even the most useless cosmetic. :)

In this article are the items found in my makeup bag, although some are left on my dresser most of the time. Pardon the images, almost all of these things are old already, thus the unreadable labels. :)

First things first.  These are my essentials:

1)  Belo Essentials Sun Expert (Face Cover SPF 40). It's a sin not to wear sunscreens, especially when you're going out and Haring Araw will spot you.  Unlike other sunblocks out there, Belo is lightweight and non-greasy, it feels as if you're not wearing it at all.  It also doubles up as my moisturizer already. :)  This costs 299 pesos (50ml). The Body Shield (100ml) is 449. :)


Whenever I run out Belo Sun Expert at home, what I use is Belo Essentials Day Cover Vitamin Cream with SPF 15.  Works well too in protecting your skin from UV rays, especially when you're only staying indoors (Yup! SPF is important as well even when you're under a roof, thinking that the sun can't harm you.)  The 50g cream in a tub costs 169.75, while the 20g in a tube costs 56.75.

2) Maxfactor Lasting Performance in Soft Beige. I've been using this for years now and it's fantastic! :) It's a makeup foundation that is long-wearing and doesn't smudge onto your clothes.  I only put this on in the morning and that stays the entire day already.  The best part about this product is that it doesn't 'cake,' unlike other foundations I've tried in the past. Each 35ml costs 700 bucks. :)

Mine. Readable pa. :)
 3) Maxfactor Pan Stik. This is a stick foundation, but I only use it as a spot concealer because it feels heavy on the skin.  The tone that I use is Olive, and it gives excellent coverage. :)  If I remember it correctly, this costs 600 pesos.

mine vs. a brand new stick :)
4)  Revlon Colorstay 2-Way Foundation.  I use the shade 06 Natural Beige. I forget how much this one costs. Uhm, either 899 or 999. :)

Mine vs. an internet photo. Ang loser ng picture ko. :))
5) Maybelline Eyestudio. I love how this product has instructions at the back, with a drawing on how to use each shade and where exactly on the eyelid.  Galing! :) I got mine for around 450, if my memory serves me right. :)

mine vs. a brand new palette :)

6) Maxfactor Flawless Perfection Blush. I'm a no-makeup makeup fan so I use Classic Rose for a more natural shade. :)  I switched from Revlon Matte Powder Blush to Maxfactor just for a change. So far, so good. :) This costs around 450 bucks at 5.5g. Not bad. :)

Mine.
7)  Artdeco Bronzing Powder. I didn't know what a bronzer was for until this was given to me as a gift. :) I have no idea about the price since there's no more Artdeco in the Philippines.  The brand is now only distributed abroad.

Mine.
8) Cover Girl Continuous Color Lipstick. I use Mauve Malva in semi-matte. :) MAC has this shade that I love but they don't have a matte or even a semi-matte finish.  I don't want too much gloss and shine on my lips so i settled for this Cover Girl alternative. No regrets! :) Costs 420 bucks.

Mine vs. one from the net

9) Nivea Cherry Kiss Lip Balm. I remember saying before that I never used lipstick in the past.  That's true.  And in those years, only this thing gave my lips a bit of color. Other people use this to mend chapped lips, but since my lips never get cracked or chapped, its selling point for me is its SPF 4. :)

Mine.
10)  Ponds Perfect Care Cold Cream.  As the day draws to a close, it is a must to wipe out all those traces of makeup, and this is what I use. :)
Mine.
11) The Body Shop's Eye Definer in White & Eye Colour Matte 05.  (UPDATE! I just got these two new babies last Easter Sunday. SRPs are P550 and P595, respectively. I loooove these two, especially for work makeup. The white eyeliner instantly brightens up my eyes even when I'm stressed, and the tan eye shadow is perfect at the office, fits whatever color my outfit is. Definitely a must-have for yuppies like me!)

Mine.
*******
Last things last. =P (?@%$!) Hehe. These are my not-so-valuable makeup stuff that are always left sitting on my dresser.

The Color Workshop Designer Series.  With a lip crayon, blush, and an eyeshadow palette.
Estee Lauder Total Makeup Remover
Maybelline Coral Orange blush. It's too loud on the cheeks! :/
Maybelline BB Cream. This doesn't blend so well.
Estee Lauder Signature Lipstick in Pink Champagne.
Estee Lauder Projectionist High-Def Mascara. I'm not a mascara person, so I don't use this often.

That's it for me! :)

Post a Comment

© Mommy Joys | Marriage, Motherhood, Life.. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.