Saturday, April 30, 2011

On Weddings: Royal and Real

I have always been fascinated about weddings - brides, grooms, the entourage, the romantic ambience in reception venues, and the like.  As a little girl, I always imagined myself walking down the aisle in this perfect white dress, while my groom (with no face) waited for me, smiling.  Haha, you might say I have always been sappy... yeah, that's true. =P  And now that my groom already has a face, it's so much easier to imagine and daydream.

Yesterday marked the nuptials of the century - the Royal Wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton, now Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. It was what everyone was fussing about, and I bet all the ladies were glued to their TV or computer screens watching the coverage as the ceremony took place.  I was, even at work. =P Thank God for live streaming. :)

Of all things about the wedding, it was Kate's gown that made my jaw drop in awe. It was a simple and conservative gown, but it looked so regal and elegant. Kudos to Sarah Burton, the designer. :) The veil was long and sheer. It showcased her hair, which she was wearing down. The veil was made of layers of soft, ivory silk tulle with a trim of hand-embroidered flowers, which was embroidered by the Royal School of Needlework according to Yahoo.  The veil was held in place by a Cartier ‘halo’ tiara, lent to Kate by the Queen. She was wearing a train that measured over six feet. The sleeves were long and lace. The front was cut in a low V.

I bet all brides-to-be are now pondering on the idea of somewhat copying Kate's gown. I myself am tempted. Hehe. I like the front's V-cut, and the lace.  Perhaps that's what I'm gonna adopt. =P But as to the style in general, I have my own preferences.

For my own wedding, this is my peg at the moment.  I want a halter dress fitted to the waist and the thigh to show off the shoulder blades and the curves. 


This one looks nice, too.


As to the hair, I want long, loose curls for a soft, romantic touch.  Here are my current pegs:



Or I might also wear a tiara like Kate! =P


Weeee! ♥ I'm exciiiiiiited! *kilig*

I could wish to trade places with Kate except that I don't want her groom who's a real-life prince with a royal life that sometimes seems surreal.  I want a real man in the real, tough world because I'm a real girl who wishes to achieve real, simple dreams.  And with my own, real guy who treats me like I'm more than a princess, who needs real-life royalty?  With my prince charming, I am more than satisfied. ♥

Post a Comment

© Mommy Joys | Marriage, Motherhood, Life.. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.