Saturday, October 21, 2017

Secrets to a Long Lasting Relationship 💓


“I want to hold your hand when we’re 80 and say that we made it.”



These days, a lot of people are cynical about love, how it is quite a task to stay together forever. Well I’m not.😊 While my husband and I have been married for only 5 years, not spending ‘ever after’ together has not crossed my mind, even for just one second. I feel very much sure and secure about us, there’s no crack for any doubt to seep through. We are no relationship experts, we’re only enjoying our marriage one day at a time. But just the same, let me share with you our not-so-secret ‘secrets’ to a relationship that sees a lifetime.

Don’t lose the way you were in the beginning.
Relationships are always sweetest at the onset, when everything is new and nakakakilig. But over time, the sparks tend to wane because things already get somewhat familiar and old. My husband and I know this, that’s why we make a conscious effort to stay the same and reminisce the good old days. When we were boyfriend and girlfriend for instance, we would baby-talk when we exchanged messages with lots and lots of smiley faces.😍😘😄 After we got married, I asked him if we could be a little more ‘mature’ and drop the emojis, but my husband refused. To him, we shouldn’t change how we were only because we’re now married. In fact, it is important that we keep those little sweet things that would constantly remind us what we liked and enjoyed in our relationship when we’re just starting out, no matter how trivial these things may seem.  He's right!
Many years ago when we were still boyfriend-girlfriend. 💓
Make your marriage THE priority.
When you already become parents, it is no longer as effortless to prioritize your marriage as it was when you were still creature-free. Now you have little humans solely depending on you, and it’s easy to get lost amidst the day-to-day parenting and child-rearing duties. Still, you must never ever forget your spouse. A strong marriage is the best gift you could ever give your kids, so never shelve your role as a wife or as a husband while being busy on your job as parents. For Rolly and I, our alone time is sacred. At least once a week, we must go out with no Lia in tow, whether it be just to do grocery shopping together, or to quickly catch a movie or eat out. You’ll see the hashtag #MarriageFirst all over my Instagram feed, just as recurrent as my #MommyJoys hashtag. 😄
Just one of our quick "takas" dates. 💓

Make God the center.
If God is in the center of your marriage, nothing can break it. It’s that simple. I am blessed to have found a husband who shares my faith, and together, we are raising our family to be deeply rooted in God’s love and guidance. We know with Him at the center, we’re in for the long haul.

Before God in 2012 💓

***********

Because of these three, among others, I just know that #MayForever. 😄 Much like this household favorite of ours – Del Forever Joy and Love Fabric Conditioner whose fragrance smells as if it’s gonna last forever, seriously! It now has 15x longer lasting bangooooo vs. a regular detergent brand based on consumer test in Metro Manila, yippee!!! One thing about my husband is, he’s got a very sensitive nose, he easily gets turned off if something doesn’t smell right. Thank heavens there’s Del, I don’t have to hear him complain anymore unlike before when I would only purchase random fabcons from the supermarket. He simply loves the premium scent of Del, how it keeps his clothes smelling clean and fresh even after a tough day at work. Now, it’s considered a sin if our supplies shelf runs out of it, so I’m keeping watch! Hehe. Perhaps this is another tip for a long lasting relationship? Know by heart what your spouse likes and stick to it. 💗


Del Forever Joy with fragrance pearls :)

At our not-so-neat laundry area. Hehe,

And here’s another couple who loves Del like us, Doug and Cheska! #CoupleGoals



I love the family's new TVC! #FamilyGoals



If Team Kramer trusts Del to keep their clothes mabango all day, you just know you can trust Del, too! Discover more about it when you visit facebook.com/delfabcon, you might just believe in FOREVER again. 😊




3 comments

  1. Hey, thanks for sharing this amazing tip for a long lasting relationship. I am married for 5 years now and I do most of the stuff that are mentioned here and things are amazing here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks for sharing this amazing tip for a long lasting relationship. I am married for 5 years now and I do most of the stuff that are mentioned here and things are amazing here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve been searching for some decent stuff on the subject and haven't had any luck up until this point, You just got a new biggest fan!.. Relatietherapie Zaandam

    ReplyDelete

© Mommy Joys | Marriage, Motherhood, Life.. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.