Wednesday, August 17, 2011

#OnceYouGetMarriedYouCant

Inspired by a trending topic on twitter today, #OnceYouGetMarriedYouCant, I am writing my own list of things I won't (or might not) be able to do anymore once I get hitched. :)  In no particular order:


1.  #OnceIGetMarriedICant be such a lazybones anymore.  Though I grew up not doing household chores, once I get hitched, I will have to succumb to several forms of domestic distress: sweeping and mopping the floors, dish washing, folding the clothes, etc. Whew!!!

2.  #OnceIGetMarriedICant be Ms. del Pilar anymore, but Mrs. delos Reyes.  I would be shedding the family name I have always used for 27 years of my life and take on a new one.  Hmm.  I wonder how soon I would get the hang of it.

3.   #OnceIGetMarriedICant sleep as long as I want anymore.  Once I become a wife, I am set to wake up early every morning to prepare hubby's breakfast, and to make sure his clothes are all primed.  Same would be the case even during weekends. I must wake up before he does.

4.  #OnceIGetMarriedICant baby-talk anymore, or it will sound funny at home.  Neighbors might think there are alien toddlers lurking in our house. =))

5.  #OnceIGetMarriedICant be selfish anymore.  I can no longer do things on a whim thinking of nobody but myself.  Once I tie the knot, my husband and I are one, and I am no longer the sole captain of my ship.  By then, it's already gonna be the two of us.


6.  #OnceIGetMarriedICant spend time with my mom as much I do now. :( My mom would no longer be the first person I see when I wake up, and the last before I go to sleep. :(  I can no longer call the house where I grew up my home, because then I would already refer to it as my parents.' :( 

I'm still thinking of more things, but these will do for now.  I'm sleepy. ZzzzZz.


Cheers,

Post a Comment

© Mommy Joys | Marriage, Motherhood, Life.. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.