Monday, August 29, 2011

The Rolly-Joyce Monogram

Ever since Rolly and I got engaged, most of my free time has been spent researching, daydreaming, and exploring wedding stuff. Our wedding website is now up, though I haven't "announced" the url yet because there are still finishing touches left to do.  I've also become part of the "weddings at work" community where brides-to-be, like myself, discuss things concerning wedding preparations, suppliers, bridal fair experiences, and the like.

In some of the forums, I encountered a topic about monograms.  As wikipedia defines it, a monogram is a motif made by overlapping or combining two or more letters to form one symbol. Monograms are often made by combining the initials of an individual or a company, used as recognizable symbols or logos.  For weddings, monograms are used to design the couple's wax seals, save-the-date cards, invitations, favors, etc.  For Rolly and I, however, the monogram is more than a logo design.  It's a visual reminder of our new life together.

I've seen many couple monograms, and I got inspired. :) I'm not a graphic artist and I don't know how to form shapes and stuff on Photoshop, so I just explored Microsoft Powerpoint and doodled and dragged and clicked.  

The result?  Drum roll please...
Ta-daaaa! =D
This is only a draft, so please save your negative comments for later. Hehehe. I'll have someone enhance it pa. :) And this won't be blue, it's going to be silver.  I just didn't want to use gray on powerpoint because it looks dull.

I made it circle for the same reason that wedding bands are round.  This shape has no end, no corners. Instead of using "&" in between our names, I used the infinity symbol, which symbolizes ENDLESSNESS.  Just like us and our ever after... endless. *mushy*  The symbol is also a number 8 set sideways.  This number is quite symbolic between Rolly and me.  I said yes to him on 888, and now we're getting married on an 8 as well.

Weeeee! I'm very excited! I'll give you a peek into the final monogram once it's ready. :)


A happy bride-to-be,



Post a Comment

© Mommy Joys | Marriage, Motherhood, Life.. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.