Sunday, September 25, 2016

This is more than just a heartache.

I feel really low. :( Our little one has been down with fever since Wednesday afternoon, it's the fourth day now that her temperature has been fluctuating.  I skipped work on Thursday to bring her to the pedia. CBC was done and thank God, there was nothing alarming in the results.  She was given antibiotics, another medicine for her colds, and fever medications.

Waiting at the pedia's clinic.

This is only the second time that Lia has gotten sick, and I think this one's worse than when she had pneumonia last month.  After she started taking her medicines last time, the fever and other symptoms already gradually subsided.  This time it's different.  She'd be okay for an hour, then her temperature will soar the next.  It has been a roller coaster of emotions for me and my husband, it's exhausting. :(  Now I understand what my mom would say whenever I would get sick, na sana sila na lang ang maysakit.  That is exactly what I feel now.  That if this fever really has to run its course, that it be transferred to me instead.  I hate seeing my Lia uncomfortable.  I just hate it.



My baby is asleep as I write this, and I pray that she won't endure another 39 degrees in the hours to come. She's still so small, so fragile.  Please, Lord. :(  Make my daughter well. :(





Post a Comment

© Mommy Joys | Marriage, Motherhood, Life.. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.