Sunday, September 4, 2016

Lia's First Words

As a mom, I jump for joy every time my little one unlocks achievements. I am always on the lookout for when she's about to do her firsts, such as her first real smile, the first time she rolled over, sat up, and crawled, and the first time she walked albeit wobbly. :) When she's about 6 or 7 months old, she has already started babbling and stringing vowels and consonants together, and we knew the next big developmental milestone was about to unfold --- talking, the attempt to express herself in words with meaning.


Our Lia is now 17 months old, and she's such a loquacious little girl! Each time she says something new and says it with an understanding of what the word means, I immediately write it down so that I can keep track.  Below is a list of Lia's words these days:

  1. Mama - her first ever word!  She's been saying mama since she's several months old, but now I already know for sure that when she says it, she means me. :)
  2. Dada - how can she not know the word for her favorite person in the world? :)
  3. Lolo
  4. Lola
  5. Baby
  6. Babye
  7. Bag - she likes playing with mommy's bags!
  8. Dodo - her bottle of milk (I'm no longer breastfeeding!) :)
  9. Book - her favorite 'toy'
  10. Hello
  11. Hi
  12. Teeth
  13. Baba - as in "put me down" or "help me get down from the bed"
  14. Utot - hehe, every single time she farts, she always says this! :)
  15. Shoes
  16. Nae nae - this is the name of her bunny pillow which I gave her from Seoul :)
  17. Okay
  18. Walk
  19. Look
  20. Kiss
  21. More
  22. Dog
  23. Brush
  24. Bless
  25. Nose
Lia has actually other words but I am not sure yet if she understands them or she's only copying what she hears (e.g. blue, mole, etc.), so I didn't include them here.  At this point, 80% of the words that come out of her mouth are still gibberish, while about 20% consists of real words.



Keep the words coming, baby! We're excited to hear you talk more and more in the coming days. I hope you'll grow up to be as eloquent as your dad. :)  Love you always!




Cheers,


Post a Comment

© Mommy Joys | Marriage, Motherhood, Life.. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.