Monday, November 24, 2014

Week 19

This week has been another trying episode in my pregnancy. :( Last Thursday, my blood ran cold when I went to pee and noticed I was bleeding. This was the second time it happened since I got pregnant, but this one seemed to be worse. Haaay, I didn't know what to do. I seriously feared I was losing our baby. I cried and cried and cried. 

It's a good thing I've been blessed with a very supportive OB who helped me calm down and instructed me what to do over the phone. I was advised to be on a strict bed rest, which meant I should be glued to the bed, no standing up except when going to the restroom.  I should not even lie on my back, always on either side only.  It's been difficult and ironically tiresome, but it's worth it since it's our little munchkin we're talking about. 

Saturday saved my sad week!  We went to Asian Hospital, my husband wheeling me to my OB's clinic.  I felt so relieved to hear our baby's very strong-as-always heartbeat! S/he must still be doing really fine inside me, and we couldn't thank the Lord enough!  The OB ordered that I continue my bed rest until Wednesday this week, just to be on the safe side (and that explains while I'm home now on a usually manic Monday). I still have two days to go, but I'm thankful there's no trace of spotting now.  It's as if nothing happened! :)

To our darling baby, stay strong okay? We still have around 20 more weeks to go, so your daddy and I need you to hang in there.  We know you're excited to come out as much as we are, but remember that it's not yet time. You have to grow and grow and grow first until you're ready. For now, just enjoy playing inside mommy... I love feeling your every twist and turn! :)  We'll see you again on December 11 for your next scan. We love you anak! :)



#BellyBlessed,


Post a Comment

© Mommy Joys | Marriage, Motherhood, Life.. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.