Saturday, August 24, 2013

The Perfect Dome

I am a super newbie at baking.  As a matter of fact, I have only baked three cakes and four batches of cupcakes after I took baking classes in June.  But there's one thing I'm proud of --- I've already made a perfect cuppy dome! 


When I started making cupcakes, getting that dome shape was a mystery.  My cupcakes always looked flat and lonely, or they would dome right after I took them out of the oven but would deflate eventually.  But now I already know the "secret" after scouring the web for tips and tricks!  

Bake the cupcakes at 400 degrees F initially, 
then lower it down to 350 degrees  after five minutes 
and for the rest of the baking time.

And that's it!  Hehe.  Ang simple lang pala ng solusyon. :)  But the thing is, no cupcake recipe would tell you that.  Glad there's a bunch of ingenious bakers out there who discovered and shared this after years of experience.  This is not 100% guaranteed though, the practice hasn't been tested for every single recipe on the planet.  What's sure is that it works for most cuppy recipes, and that's enough for me. :)



Cheers,


Post a Comment

© Mommy Joys | Marriage, Motherhood, Life.. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.