Friday, August 23, 2013

Moist Chocolate Cupcakes


After my relatively successful attempt at vanilla cupcakes, I just couldn’t wait but try my hands at chocolate! And how do we want our choco cuppies? Moist, always!

Ingredients:

1 cup sugar
¾ cup + 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
¼ cup + 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
¾ tsp baking powder
¾ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 egg
½ cup whole milk
¼ cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup boiling water

Directions:

1. Line muffin tin with paper liners. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. Add eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla. Beat on medium speed for one minute.
4. Stir in boiling water (the batter will be thin).
5. Fill liners 2/3 full with batter. Since the batter is thin, I used my measuring cup with a pour spot so it’s easier to transfer.


6. Bake cupcakes for approximately 18-22 minutes.
Fresh from the oven! :)

7. Cool completely on wire rack.
I used my purple liners for this batch. :)

I tried making meringue frosting for the cuppies, but boy was it a mess, like all other eggwhite-based icings I did in the past. :( Guess what came to the rescue?  My mallows and candy sprinkles! Good thing I had them on hand.



Ta-daaaah!  There goes my moist chocolate cuppies! :)  They're yummy!   Sabi ko at ni hubby!  Haha. =P Hmm... I wonder what I'll do next.  Will practice making frosting, perhaps? :)


Cheers,

Post a Comment

© Mommy Joys | Marriage, Motherhood, Life.. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.