Monday, July 4, 2011

26 and Engaged ♥

Perhaps one of the highlights in a girl's life is when her love asks for her hand in marriage.  It's when he signifies that he intends to spend his life with her forever, and asks if she'd love to do the same. Well, this big question was lovingly raised to me last night... and Rolly did it it in his most amazing way. ♥

It was my birthday, and he brought me to NINYO Fusion Cuisine and Wine Lounge in Loyola Heights.  It was probably the most romantic restaurant he has ever brought me to.  The ambiance was cozy and intimate, it was like a restaurant within a garden, with beautiful vines hanging all over the place.  
Even before my birthday, I already felt that something was about to happen.  Rolly was never good at keeping secrets, so I knew something was going on. He would always slip, telling me things he would later on realize he shouldn't have told me. Hehe. In my head, I anticipated that he was going to propose... but as to how, I had no clue.

The moment we entered the compound, we were led to a gazebo. Rose petals and lit candles adorned the floor and the table.  My heart was pounding softly as I sat down, I knew this was it.  I asked Rolly, "Did you have these prepared?" He did not answer. He just smiled.
 
 
We had dinner, and everything went on as usual.  The food was great, especially the salmon and steak!

During dinner, Rolly and I sat in front of each other. But after the meal, he transferred seats to be beside me.  He showed me a video slideshow which he prepared. It had our pictures arranged chronologically, from the time when he was still courting me up to the present.  It was a long slideshow with background music, hehe. Then went the end frame which said:


"I have lived the best years of my life with you, and now, 
I must give voice to my heart's desire.  
I want to spend forever with you by my side, 
and cherish you as God's greatest blessing every single day. 
WILL YOU MARRY ME?"

Then the waiter turned up with a plate of chocolate cake with strawberry. On top was the ring.


Rolly went down on his knees and said his piece. Aaaww! I was teary-eyed.  I didn't know how to react even though I was already expecting it. I hugged him tight and said YES.  Of course I will. I want to marry him.
The ring was exactly what I wanted. Simple and elegant, without fuss. It's white gold with a small center piece diamond.  I love it!

But more than the ring, I love what it symbolizes --- our desire to spend the rest of our lives with each other.  In fact even without an engagement ring, we had always known that we will grow old together, that we will raise a family of our own, that we will traverse life's paths side by side, now and in the years to come.


I love you, Mahal! ♥ I know both of us can't wait to start planning the wedding. =D

Here are more photos before we headed home. :) Pardon the quality. These had to be taken without flash eh. =P
'Til now, I still feel ecstatic. Waaaaah! ♥



PS. Check out my facebook account for more (& better quality) pictures. ;)

Cheers,

2 comments

  1. Hi, Where was this? thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello. :) This was at Ninyo Fusion Cuisine and Wine Lounge in Loyola Heights.

      Delete

© Mommy Joys | Marriage, Motherhood, Life.. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.