Thursday, August 8, 2019

A Decade and One

Dear Mahal, 

Eleven years ago, on 8-8-8, I said YES to being your girlfriend.❤️ We were young… I was 23 and you were 25. That time, we had only been going out for 3 months. And I remember wanting to say yes to you sooner (oo na, aaminin ko na), but I had to restrain myself because 888 was coming, and I wanted that date for our anniversary. Hehe.😂 That night, you arrived late and I had to wait for you for more than an hour (and waiting has always been my pet peeve)! I almost withdrew my plan of becoming your girlfriend, buti na lang talaga 888, so I tried very hard to manage my mood. Anyway, things went according to plan, and the rest, as they say, is history.

Taken on August 08, 2008 at Abe Restaurant, Trinoma

Today, I am 34 and you are almost 37. Between the two of us, many things have changed. We are now a little older, a little wiser. We are past our pa-tweetums phase and our world now is as real as it gets. Our idea of kids used to be all tickles and giggles, now we know it’s tickles and giggles in between poop fests and sleepless nights and booger-and-snot what-nots.🤣 Our hearts which used to be so idealistic and uncompromising are now a little less flawless but a little more robust. Our spirits which used to be so light and free are now heavy with responsibility, yet life has never been more lovely.🌹

A lot has changed, but after a decade and one, one thing has remained the same --- my feeling of gratefulness that God picked you for me. We may have had imperfect moments, but we’re still a perfect match.💑 Don’t you agree? 

I love you, Rolly. Happy boyfriend-girlfriend anniversary!😘


Love,
Wifey

Post a Comment

© Mommy Joys | Marriage, Motherhood, Life.. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.