Thursday, December 21, 2017

Lia's First Time at the Zoo 🦁

Last Tuesday, December 19, was a holiday in Alabang where hubby works. We thought it would be a wonderful chance for some quality family time so I filed for a leave, too.😊 Since Lia is fond of identifying animals (and the sound they make) and she always sings "I'm going to the zoo, zoo, zoo" from her nursery rhyme, picking a place to visit was easy.  We went to Manila Zoo!



The first animal that she saw was the biggest one at the zoo --- an elephant! 🐘


Then there's the tiger.🐯


Here's Lia urging the bored tiger to notice her and roar. 🤣
But no, the tiger just gave her a yawn.  Hahaha.


She also saw a crocodile...


An ostrich...


Some sheep, and a strange animal called a "hebra," a cross between a horse and a zebra.


There were also some birds, peacocks, bunnies, monkeys, snakes, a bear cat, a lion (but it was hiding so we didn't see it, and chickens.  Yes, chickens!  Lia was right after all!  (Background: the night before, I was telling Lia the different animals that she'll see at the zoo.  Then she asked, 'how about chickens, mommy?'  which made me laugh so hard.  Yun pala, may chickens nga!) 🤣

Our time at the zoo was a fun experience for Lia, overall.  Though looking at the place with my adult eyes, Manila Zoo was kinda sad.  The animals looked lonely, and I can't say the place was clean and stench-free.  There's no giraffe, no zebra... animals that I looked forward to show my daughter.  But anyway, that's another story.  What's important was Lia had fun.🙂  

Two-thirds of my heart 💗
A photo of a printed photo 🙂

Our morning at the zoo was followed by a hearty lunch at Ristorante delle Mitre and a kalesa ride around Intramuros. 


And do you know what Lia said while in the kalesa?  Without being asked or prompted, she told me, "Mommy I'm having fun!" And she kept saying it again and again.  Luckily, the third time she said this was caught on video. This made me swell in happiness!  Our two-and-a-half year old toddler is very expressive, and she's happy!  



***********

This day was full and tiring, but I realized, I live for days like this.💗 Nothing in the world can make me happier than spending blissful moments with our little family. These moments may be simple and mundane, but they are full of love.  And to me, that's all that matters.




Post a Comment

© Mommy Joys | Marriage, Motherhood, Life.. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.