Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Rolly and Joycee in Bali

If February is the Love Month for most people, for hubby and I, it's November. And before November ends, let me post this shout out on the blog --- happy 5th anniversary, my love! πŸ’—

For our 5th year, the anniversary getaway was in Bali, Indonesia, also known as the Land of the Gods (and rightfully so). We needed to take a break from the hustle and bustle of Manila and we both wanted some slow-paced days where it's serene and quiet.  Neither of us is a beach person, so we went instead to the mountains and the cultural heart of Bali --- Ubud.

Let me start with my favorite part of our short trip, our stay at the Royal Kirana within the Royal Pita Maha Relaxation Resort. The place was sooooo beautiful, the pictures just couldn't do it justice!😍The moment we got there, I already felt recharged! Hehe.

The lobby itself exudes tranquility πŸ’“

The dressing room of Royal Kirana πŸ’“

the spa lounge and garden πŸ’“

πŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“

πŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“

Happy 5th Anniversary! πŸ’“

Thank you for the roses πŸ’“

Rolly and I had the Deep Tissue Therapy massage at the relaxation villa, and God was it heavenly! I fell asleep halfway through it, and hubby told me that I snored. Wahaha, sorry na. Sarap eh!πŸ˜… Balinese spa is truly the best, no exaggeration! Snaps to the wonderful team who took care of us, they even gave me a dozen roses because it’s our anniversary. How thoughtful, right?πŸ’–

Hubby and I also spent a good couple of hours at the Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary, a nature reserve and Hindu temple complex in Ubud. I was nervous at first for fear of getting attacked by the monkeys (I read horror Monkey Forest stories in some travel blogs), but it turned out to be quite a fun experience!πŸ‘ As long as you do not dangle food or tease or get naughty with them, you’ll be fine. It’s also better not to carry loose objects that they can easily snatch, such as sunglasses, small backpacks, or caps.

🐡🐡

🐡

I was super scared here! πŸ΅

🐡🐡

greens and browns as my background πŸŒ³

🌳🌳🌳


Bali is also famous for its rice terraces, so we went. The view was good, but I think we only went to the part that’s near the center of Ubud so it wasn’t as majestic as I expected. I loved the fresh air though. Very good for Rolly’s formerly asthmatic lungs. Hehe. πŸ˜‰


Luuuunch by the bukid πŸ˜


Another thing one could observe about Bali is that there seems to be temples everywhere.πŸ• We went to a few, and they’re all pretty with those intricate carvings and statues.


At the Goa Gajah Elephant Cave

Ubud Royal Palace and Holy Spring Temple


By the way, we also attended a Legong and Barong dance performance at the Ubud Palace.πŸ’ƒ

The Legong dance makes use of intricate and precise finger and feet movements, with intense facial expressions



*********

Of all our travels, this trip was probably the most chill, and I loved it. Bali is truly beautiful, and it was the perfect place for some alone time with hubby. Like what I said in a previous post, our alone time is sacred (#MarriageFirst) because it’s our time to give all our attention to each other, a reminder that we should keep our marriage beautiful and happy and strong for the family. Still, alone times like this can only be short and sweet, because we can’t stand missing our little one so much!πŸ‘Ά The daily Facetime isn’t enough, it only fans the flame called #Sepanx. Hehe.


Anyway, there you have it! Our heavenly experience at the Land of the Gods. 😊



Post a Comment

© Mommy Joys | Marriage, Motherhood, Life.. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.