Friday, January 30, 2015

Grand Baby Fair 2015


Today officially marks the start of Baby Company's annual 3-day Grand Baby Fair at SM Megatrade Hall! :)  I've been waiting for this event my whole pregnant life, and I was so thrilled when I received an email saying that since I am a Mom Card holder, I could go to the preview shopping exclusive to members on January 29, which was yesterday.  


Because preview shopping meant avoiding congested halls and extremely long lines at the cashier on the actual 3-day sale, I decided to take a half-day leave and went to the fair yesterday.  Yes, I was THAT excited. :)  I even woke up so early! Heehee.

The event did not disappoint.  It's aptly called Grand Baby Fair because it was indeed grand.  I think there were more than a hundred booths, and each was offering discounts of at least 20%.  Below are some photos I took, when my shopping cart still allowed me to (it was already chockablock full after a couple of hours). =D







My 2-hour stay at the fair was frenzied! Like Cinderella, I needed to leave at 12 on the dot so I could make it to a meeting at 1pm in Makati.  Good thing I still managed to buy these items:

  • crib/playard - Little Munchkin already has a nice wooden crib for her nursery, but hubby and I wanted a second one to be placed in our bedroom
  • feeding bottles & extra nipples - I plan to breastfeed, but I still need feeding bottles for expressed milk :)
  • newborn diapers - I bought 3 dozen disposable ones (and maternity pads)
  • baby clothes - I got tie-sides, mittens, booties, caps, and pajamas.  All white from Beginnings Baby.
  • beddings - I got two sets, one for each crib.  Each set includes fitted sheets, comforters, bumpers, a pillow, two bolsters, and cases.  One set even had free matching curtains and a small hamper! :)
  • nursing pillow - I bought a pink one from Uratex! :)
  • stroller pad - Got a pink one with flowers! :)
  • baby wash - I bought the one from Pigeon
  • liquid cleanser - for Munchkin's bottles :)
  • mild laundry detergent - Got two 1-kg powder boxes from Cycles

This list of purchases is very short compared to the list of baby essentials Little Munchkin will be needing.  Ang dami ko pang kulaaang!  But I guess these will do for now, the rest can just follow (hopefully at the baby shower! Hehe).  And oh, Rolly is going back to the fair today to get my electric breast pump from Pigeon.  The model I wanted wasn't available yesterday, but I was told it will be there today.  So I'd already tick that off my list, too. :)

After I paid at the counter, I was given a "swag bag"! Yaaay!  This is exclusive for Mom Card holders for a minimum single-receipt purchase of P3,000.  Since I spent about 13k for all those little things above, it's just right that I get these freebies! :)  I hope Rolly gets another one later when he buys the electric pump. =D


For mommies or mommies-to-be out there, you have until Sunday to march to SM Megamall!  :) I'm sure it will be a whole lot more jam-packed than yesterday, but I tell you now that it's worth it. :)


#BellyBlessed,


Post a Comment

© Mommy Joys | Marriage, Motherhood, Life.. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.