Sunday, August 17, 2014

A Prayer For Our Little Munchkin

As an expectant mommy, there are times when I can't help but feel fear. What if my baby doesn't have a heartbeat? What if s/he is not healthy?  Will I suffer from a miscarriage?  My list of fears could go on and on and on, if not for the voice of God that I hear when I pray.  He tells me not to worry, and to leave everything under His care.  I should be at peace because every single thing that will happen is part of His master plan.  All I need to do is trust.

Whenever I feel anxious, I look for prayers to put my mind at ease.  And here's one that says exactly what my heart feels.


"Lord Jesus, I lovingly pray for this sweet hope
that I keep within my womb.
You have granted me the immense gift 
of a tiny little life
living in my own life,
and I humbly thank You for choosing me
as an instrument of Your love.
In this sweet waiting,
help me to live in a constant attitude
of self-surrender to Your will.

"Grant me a motherly heart that is pure,
steadfast, and generous.
I hand over to You my own concerns,
any anxious fears that may come,
my own wishes for the little person
that I still have no knowledge of.
Grant that it may be born healthy in body,
keep far from it every peril to its soul.

"Mary, you have known 
the ineffable joy of a holy motherhood;
give me a heart that can transmit
an ardent, living faith.
Sanctify my waiting,
bless this joyful hope that is in me,
grant that the fruit of my womb
may open out in virtue
and in holiness through your working
with that of your own Divine Son."

AMEN.



#BellyBlessed,


Post a Comment

© Mommy Joys | Marriage, Motherhood, Life.. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.