Saturday, October 15, 2011

Our Love Language

 "Love language" is how one expresses his love to his partner, a term coined by Dr. Gary Chapman. According to him, there are 5 love languages (http://www.5lovelanguages.com/resources/books/) and these are:

  1. Words of affirmation
  2. Quality time
  3. Gifts
  4. Acts of service
  5. Physical touch
For Rolly and me, all these five should definitely be present in our relationship.  However, there's one which proves to be the most salient, and that is - WORDS. :)

There is not a day in our lives when we don't exchange sweet nothings.  Mushy alert (!!!), I know, but words of affirmation about each other and our love are a key ingredient in our relationship. The words are translated into actions, of course.  For Rolly, me telling him that I love him and expounding on it mean a lot.  Me affirming how good he is for me and how I love to be spending the rest of my life with such a guy boosts his morale and makes him want to be even better for me.

I am posting one BBM exchange as an example. Some words are rephrased to hide the baby/alien talk. =D


Joyce: ... I am inspired. 
Rolly: Could you describe the person who inspires you? :)
Joyce: Mapogi, mamacho, machingkit, at ma-english! =))
Rolly: =)) Sakin naman, ma-sexy and ma-cute, maputi, madanda, 
mabait, at matalino. Sometimes I feel that she's too good for me 
for all she's worth. She is quite extraordinary.

See?  We're two sweet talkers, but being so makes us happy. :)


Cheers,

Post a Comment

© Mommy Joys | Marriage, Motherhood, Life.. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.