Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Rocco at One Month

I can't believe it's been one full month since you, our dear little boy, came into our lives! I was only a 'girl mom' for almost four years, and now I am a 'boy mom' too which has made my motherhood journey so much more exciting!๐Ÿ‘ถ



So, how has your first month been?

  • You spent the first week of your life at the hospital, and the moment we brought you home, your dad and I were already anticipating sleepless, lots-of-crying-and-cradling nights with you, just like what we experienced with your newborn ate Lia.  Much to our surprise, you've been such a nice baby!๐Ÿ‘ผ You would only cry when you're hungry, and after you feed, you would just go back to sleep. Some nights, I would even wake you up just to feed!
  • Related to the first one, you are such a sleepyhead.๐Ÿ˜ด For you, #TulogIsLife! Hehe. That's a very good thing for me because I sleep when you sleep. I just wonder sometimes how you do it, because you're not bothered even when your ate Lia is jumping (while shouting 'bounce bounce bounce!') on the same bed you're sleeping on.
  • You are a quiet baby.๐Ÿค It's an "event" when your lolos and lolas hear you cry because that's the only time they hear your teeny-tiny voice.
  • You're always hungry!๐Ÿผ Whenever you're awake, all you want to do is DODO, even when I'm sure you're already full. Or maybe you just want mommy near you? You've turned me into a human pacifier, Rocco! But it's fine, I love being close to you, too, my darling.
  • Next to latching, your favorite hobby is pooping.๐Ÿ’ฉ Whenever we check your nappy, there's always poop! Hehe. I hope this is a sign that you won't have any problems with constipation, unlike your ate Lia who still struggles with it up to this day.
  • You have such a strong neck!๐Ÿ’ช At 2 or 3 weeks old, you were already able to lift your head and look around.  Good job, my boy! 
  • You love the sun!๐ŸŒž That's when you spend quality time with your dad, when you're sunbathing.
  • Like your dad, you always furrow your brows that makes creases appear on your forehead.๐Ÿคจ Mukha ka tuloy ninja turtle when you do that. I wish I could tell you to stop.
  • You don't like having your clothes taken off and getting wet.  In short, you don't like bath time.๐Ÿ›€
We'll do this every month to see how your growth would be compared to Elmo. :)

We will discover more and more things about you as the days pass, and we are just so excited.  You are growing really fast, darling. Many of your 0-3mos clothes do not fit anymore, and I can now see rolls and folds of baby fat that weren't there when I gave birth to you.  Dahan-dahan lang, okay? Daddy, I, and ate Lia want to keep up!๐Ÿ’™

Yay, you got a Big Al's Cookie Jar chocolate cake on your first month birthday! :)

I love you, son! Looking forward to many more milestones! Happy 1st month, our baby Rocco!๐ŸŽ‚



Post a Comment

© Mommy Joys | Marriage, Motherhood, Life.. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.