Sunday, January 3, 2016

The Last of the Holidays


Today is a Sunday, and tomorrow, January 04, is officially the first workday of the year. I have been on vacation since the 23rd of December, you can just imagine how challenging it would be for me to get up tomorrow and bring myself back to the grind.  The past several days with hubby and our little baby doll has been very delightful, and leaving her again with the yaya while we spend hours at the office is the most difficult of all. For days, I've been doing a sad countdown in my head, until this morning.

Our family went to Mass, and as I prayed, I thanked God for all the blessings in our life.  My long list included my work, which I am going back to tomorrow.  I realized, why would I dread something which I have always been grateful for?  My job and the people I work with are beyond amazing, I can't imagine myself working some place else at this point in my life.  I should feel lucky because not everyone has a job to go back to after the holidays, many may even be praying that the vacation be over so they could resume hunting for one.  So yes, I am lucky.  I am blessed.  



As I spend the last of the holidays today, this is the prayer of my heart.


Dear Lord,

Thank You for the long vacation You gave us that allowed us to rest and spend happy moments with our little family.  As we go back to work tomorrow, may You keep this happiness in our hearts.  Help us remember that like the gift of family, our job, too, is a gift from You and that we should cherish it and appreciate it.  Whenever we would feel stressed or pressured, give us strength and patience. When we get overwhelmed, give us courage and wisdom.  When we feel the urge to complain, remind us that You are our Big Boss and no one else.  Help us trust that You will always be by our side as we complete every single task, big or small, this new year will bring.  

All praises and glory and honor to You, Lord.

Amen.




Cheers,


Post a Comment

© Mommy Joys | Marriage, Motherhood, Life.. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.