Saturday, November 21, 2015

Is Your Baby On Track?

Being a first time mom, I had no clue what to expect from my baby as far as developmental milestones are concerned.  At times I can't help it but compare how Lia fares against other babies her age, and admittedly, all that comparing is sometimes a cause of unnecessary stress (i.e. how come that baby can already sit up without support, and mine still can't?)  I guess we are kind of hardwired that way, to push ourselves and our babies to be 'better' than others for reassurance.  Thank heavens for people (and online articles!) who remind us that hey, all babies are unique and each one develops at his/her own pace.  Instead of falling into comparison traps, it's better to devote our time appreciating our baby's unlocked achievements. :)

Not monitoring other babies to compare against ours does not mean, however, that we should be blinded on our baby's progress.  It is good to be guided, so that we know if there's something we should raise to the pedia on our next visit.  I found this cute guideline from www.pishposhbaby.com to help parents keep track of the habits of their little ones.  Needless to reiterate, but I will nevertheless, this is only a rough guide. Don't be too hard on yourself or your baby is s/he is a bit behind.  As long as the delay is not too much, it is not a cause for concern.



My Lia is now 7 months and 3 weeks old, and it's good to know that she's within the normal range as far as milestones are concerned. Though I can't wait to see her sit up and stand on her own, right now I am just enjoying watching her uod crawl and the fact that I can reach her at arm's length anytime since she can't go far on her own just yet. :)  She will accomplish all these baby goals in her own sweet time; her dad and I are just here by her side as she goes along. :)


Cheers,


Post a Comment

© Mommy Joys | Marriage, Motherhood, Life.. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.