Saturday, February 28, 2015

Hospital Bag Must-Haves

Munchkin and I are about to turn 34 weeks in a few days, and I've realized I should already be listing down our things-to-bring to the hospital so we could prepare just in case she decides to come out earlier than my expected due date. Our house is just near Asian Hospital, and hubby could easily go home in case we've forgotten something, but I would want to avoid that as much as possible 'coz I only want him close to me and our baby on D-day. Yes, yes.  Mushy then, still mushy now. =P

So what am I going to pack exactly?  Based on what we were taught in Rome's childbirth class and from my own research, these are my hospital bag must-haves:

FOR MUNCHKIN:
  • 1 pack newborn disposable diaper
  • 3 pairs of mittens
  • 3 pairs of pants
  • 3 tie-sides
  • 3 bonnets
  • 3 pairs of booties
  • 3 gauze diapers
  • 2 baby towels
  • 2 receiving blankets
  • body wash
  • small feeding bottles (just in case, but I intend to breastfeed right away)
  • coming home outfit

FOR ME:
  • 1 pack maternity pads
  • 2 easy-to-slip-on dresses or pajamas
  • 1 pair slippers
  • 1 pair socks
  • 5 undies
  • headband and scrunchies (to hold my long hair back)
  • nursing bra
  • 1 nursing cover
  • breast pump
  • toiletries: face wash, cotton, feminine wash, soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo & conditioner (just in case I'll be allowed to take a shower in the hospital)
  • kikay kit: comb, powder, lip balm, lipstick, concealer (as if I will have the time and energy to doll myself up after delivery, hehe)
  • rosary and/or Bible (to keep me company during labor)
  • coming home clothes

FOR HUBBY:
  • Cellphones (his and mine) and chargers
  • Camera and charger (though I'm sure he will take photos using his iPhone)
  • Clothes for changing
  • Bath towels
  • Snacks
  • Pen and paper
  • iPad and books to keep him occupied while waiting
  • Cash and credit cards
  • ID cards (his and mine)

DOCUMENTS:
  • My info sheet
  • Birth plan
  • Philhealth form
  • HMO card
  • My prenatal book, ultrasound copies, and test results
  • Admission papers from my OB-GYN


Whew! =$  At the moment, our bag is still empty, but I promise to pack these stuff up very soon! :)

*******************

UPDATE as of March 14: Munchkin's bag is packed! :)




#BellyBlessed,


4 comments

  1. Hi! Just came across your blog last night when searching about Rome Kanapi. I'm hooked about your mommy/pregnancy stories. I find this particular post very very helpful!

    Keep it up! God bless your beautiful family always. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! :) Thank you so much for reading my blog! :) *kilig*

      Delete
  2. I agree! Your mommy/pregnancy stories are very informable and, as a first-time mommy myself, I'm excited and always seeking for more information when it comes to these things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miri! :) I'm glad you find my posts helpful somehow. :) Good luck on your motherhood journey!

      Delete

© Mommy Joys | Marriage, Motherhood, Life.. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.