Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Blogging Beijing

After ages and ages of deliberately ignoring my blog, I finally found the courage to pay it a visit. I’ve been busy like crazy the past few months, hopping from task to task, that even one quick glance at this journal could not be squeezed in. :( Anyway, enough explaining. Nobody cares anyway. My absence is a biggie to no one but me. :) Let’s move on, shall we?

As I was browsing through my posts, I noticed I haven’t written about my out of the country travels, not even our honeymoon trip a year and a half ago! Well, it’s better late than never. So today, let me blog about Beijing. 

Rolly and I got married on the 8th of November 2012, and a couple of days after that, we flew straight to one of the most populous cities in the world, Beijing.  Having a history buff for a husband, it was a must that we set foot on the famous Great Wall of China. :)

We went to Mutianyu, one of the best-preserved parts of the Great Wall. :)

Pardon the silly face. =P
This shot just had to be taken at the watchtower.  We're honeymooners, remember? ;)

Aside from the scenery, there are two things that I cannot forget about our Great Wall visit.  First is the hike up, second is the slide down.

See how 'secure' those cable cars look?! I was scared sh*tless!
But if you wanna go up to the top, be prepared for an adrenalin ride.

The slide down was much easier with the Toboggan ride! :) It looks pretty daunting but it's really not.
One person per toboggan. (Photo not mine, both Rolly and I obviously could not take a photo of each other here. Got this from Google Images.)

Aside from the Great Wall, there are many other spots in and around Beijing that's worth a visit.  Rolly and I also went to see the Ming Tombs, Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven, Summer Palace, the Drum Tower, Jingshan Park, and even Beijing Zoo! :)


By the way, ours was not a DIY itinerary.  We knew China was not as tourist-friendly as its neighboring countries, so we got a private tour for two that we had customized.  We got the services of a local travel agency (www.tour-beijing.com) to guarantee that we won't get lost in the city and that every second would be well spent. We were assigned an English-speaking guide who made us appreciate the trip much more, her name's Cady. :)

This is sweet Cady who never got tired of taking our photos! :)

So, will we ever go back to Beijing?  Of course! There are many places left unseen, a lot of other activities left un-experienced.  We didn't even get to try the street food!!! :( Well, let's just say we made sure there would be something more to go back to. ;)


Cheers,


Post a Comment

© Mommy Joys | Marriage, Motherhood, Life.. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.