Tuesday, December 31, 2013

My 2013 #FOODstagram

At the onset of this year, one in my 2013's list of things-to-accomplish was to learn to cook at least 10 dishes. Remember that when we got married in Nov 2012, I had zero knowledge in the kitchen and I thought Jan 2013 was a good month to start (yes, I chose to wait for 2 months post-wedding before I realized I should learn, lest we'd die in hunger, hehe).  

Now 12 months has already passed, and last night, I counted the new dishes I now know how to cook, at least the ones which I captured and posted on Instagram.  I did twelve!  Yippee! :)
Clockwise from left:  Nilagang spareribs, Sinampalukan, Spaghetti, Pork Sinigang, Adobo, and Tinola.
Clockwise from left:  Chopsuey, Lechon Paksiw, Fried Tilapia, Tuna Pesto Fetucinni, Ginataang Kalabasa at Sitaw

Not all of these were a success though.  Just look at that massacred tilapia and the super masabaw pork adobo.  But as they say, practice makes perfect, and try and try until you die/succeed (hahahahahahaha)! =D  I know there'll come a time when I'll be able to serve that perfectly fried fish on our dinner table. =P

My #FOODstagram target for 2014?  Dishes like menudo, caldereta, afritada, and the like.  I don't know how you call these, but I prefer calling them mga masarsang ulam vs. the mga masabaw (i.e. sinigang, nilaga, etc.).  Hehe.

Oops, speaking of food, it's time to eat now!  Bye bye! :)


Cheers,


Post a Comment

© Mommy Joys | Marriage, Motherhood, Life.. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.