Friday, November 1, 2013

Oreos and Cream Cupcakes

Yesterday was October 31st, one day before All Saints' Day... Undas as we call it here in the Philippines.  I took the day off in anticipation of the heavy traffic I wasn't brave enough to endure, so I had the entire day all to myself (hubby still went to the office because he's got no more VLs left)!  And what do I usually do in my free time?  BAAAAAKE! =)  This time, the superstar of my cupcake wasn't blueberries or yellow yema filling.  This time, the center stage belonged to the world's favorite cookie.  OREO.

 

Wanna know how I baked my new Oreos and Cream cuppies?  If you're interested, read on. :)

For the cupcakes, it's very simple.  Just follow my Moist Chocolate Cupcake recipe here and you're good to go.  However, do not miss this very important step after you're done preparing the batter:  Put one oreo cookie into each baking cup as shown in the photo above. You'll be burying it under the chocolate batter you just made. Yes, we are going to hide the sandwich cookies! The twist, lick, and dunk Oreo way won't do here. :)



After you've covered the cookies, be ready to get them into the oven pre-heated at 350 degrees F.  Bake for approximately 18 to 22 minutes.

Now we're ready to make the cookies and cream frosting.

Ingredients:

1 cup butter or shortening
1 & 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3-6 tbsp milk
2 cookies crushed into crumbs (you can use a food processor, but I crushed mine only manually)

Directions:

1.  Beat the butter or shortening in a mixer until smooth.
2.  Add vanilla and mix until combined.
3.  Add the powdered sugar in 3 batches, scraping down the sides after each addition.
4.  Add a tablespoon of milk at a time and mix together until you achieve the consistency you like.  As for me, 3 tablespoons was perfect.
5.  Add the cookie crumbs.  Since I crushed the cookies manually, I sifted the crumbs to make sure they're really fine and won't form lumps in the frosting.  You can do the same if you want. :)
6.  Place frosting in a decorator bag and swirl any way you want. I always use Wilton's disposable piping bags so I never have to deal with washing anything anymore. =P
7.  Do not forget to put the star of the show on display.  Insert the Oreo cookie on top of each cupcake.


Oh well, you can still twist, lick, and dunk the Oreo on top if you want to.  But instead of dunking it into milk, do so into the frosting.  It's way cooler, not to mention, much more delicious. ;)

 Cheers,


Post a Comment

© Mommy Joys | Marriage, Motherhood, Life.. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.