Monday, October 14, 2013

#HubbyAt31


“My husband is one of my greatest blessings from God. His love is a gift that I open every day.” 
Anonymous

I've said this time and again and I will never get tired of repeating it over and over: I am extremely blessed to have found a husband as amazing as mine. And this month, he just celebrated his 31st, his very last year on the calendar, woohoo! =D It’s the first time we’re celebrating it together as husband and wife, and like we agreed, he took charge and planned the things he wanted us to do.



Stop #1: Ringside Boxing Club

Rolly may not be a huge guy with monster biceps and a shredded six-pack, but he is a fitness buff.  There’s never a day that he doesn't exercise. He runs and does marathons, and his most recent ‘thing’ is boxing. I even gave him a new pair of Twins gloves and hand wraps as a birthday present! :) I didn't expect he’d include his boxing gym in our day’s itinerary because he knows I hate any activity that'd make my fats cry, but he did, much to my dismay surprise. Haha. Oh well, it’s his birthday. What the birthday boy wants, the birthday boy gets. And so he got me to join him. Hmp.
Hubby doing his thing while I was 'busy' taking pictures. =P

Stop #2: John and Yoko

The birthday boy knew I wasn't very happy with the boxing thing (hehe), so the next stop in his IT was something he was sure would please me. FOOOOOD! Both of us wanted to eat tempura and ramen, so our next stop was John and Yoko in Alabang Town Center. We stuffed our faces full with maki salad, shrimp and enoki pizza, California roll, ebi tempura, and tonkotsu tempura ramen. I think the food was good for about 4 people, but we gorged everything down!  See? That’s what exercising does to people! At least that was what it did to me; the energy I spent from all the jabbing (and picture taking =P) turned me into a hungry, grizzly bear. Hehe. =D

Barioishii! (Japanese for "very delicious")

Stop #3: Vanilla Cupcake Bakery

Cupcaaaaaaakes! It’s obvious that it was me who wanted this stop. How can you not crave for these super lovely sugary creations, right? Add to that the fact that Vanilla Cupcake Bakery is full of all things pretty! The couches, the saucers and forks with beautiful floral designs, the walls, the lamps, the cute teacups, and everything else are to die for! Aaaaah, I couldn’t get enough of this place!!! Thank heavens we were fortunate to find vacant seats outside the café unlike all those other times when it was full of people. Birthday luck, perhaps? :) Of all the exquisite cuppies on display, Rolly picked the Strawberry Shortcake while I had Cotton Candy. Sugar rush! :)

I belong here! :)

Stop #4: The Spa

Because the birthday boy is a sucker for spa and massage treatments, it was not a surprise that he chose this final stop. As usual, we had it done together in a couple’s room. I had Swedish while he had Deep Tissue (which I will never want for myself because it’s painful!). But more than the massage, what I enjoyed was their signature ginger tea.  In fact, every time Rolly sets an appointment for us at The Spa, it's the tea I get excited about! :)

Heaven on Earth! :)


And that's the roundup of hubby's 31st! :) Nothing grand, just pure quality time, just the way we always like things to be.  Cheers to another amazing year, Mahal! :)



A happy wifey,

Post a Comment

© Mommy Joys | Marriage, Motherhood, Life.. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.