Saturday, April 21, 2012

Trial Makeup Session with Mayone Bakunawa

On April 9, a holiday, was my trial makeup sesh with Mayone.  I had it scheduled on the same day of our engagement shoot so that I wouldn't have to spend for prenup makeup anymore.  Hehe.

Rolly and I arrived at My Little Craft Boutique early, even before it opened.  Mayone arrived shortly after, and we took photos of the shop while she's setting up her makeup tools.

Cute, cute stuff! See those pomander balls! :)
My Little Craft's souvenir corner :)
Mayone's Mirror. :)  That's Ate Susan, her partner hairstylist.
Shot against the light!  Oopsie daisies!

Then it was time for the makeup session! :)  Here's one photo of me when we arrived.  Nothing on my face yet except a bit of concealer and powder.
Notice the eye bags!
Then Mayone already started working on me...

Tadaaaaaaaaaa!!!

I was surprised when they put a veil on me! Para daw mas ma-visualize ko. =))

With my ever supportive fiance shutterbug behind me :)
Hehe.  I looked exactly how I wanted to look, still me but pretty-fied (haha, I'm beginning to sound big-headed here)!  I loved the simple look that Mayone was able to cast on me.  The last thing I wanted was to appear overly dolled up, which sometimes happens with other makeup artists.

It was my first time to try airbrush makeup, and what they say is true, it's very lightweight.  It felt like nothing was applied on my face, parang nag-powder lang ako.  And the best part of it all was the makeup's staying power.  In fact, mas tumatagal, mas nagmumukhang natural pa nga yung makeup.  We had our prenup shoot on a very hot, sunny day, yet the makeup stayed looking fresh even until the end of the photo session. I only had to re-apply lipstick every now and then kasi kain ako nang kain. =D

I am happy I have chosen Mayone over countless of others out there.  She's not only a makeup artist, she also acts like a barkada.  She's very makwento, no dull moments with her at all.  What's more, she's like a beauty consultant as well, never running out of tips on skin care, laser hair removal, beauty treatments, and what-not. Ayos diba?  And her partner hairstylist, Ate Susan, is equally good!  I described to her the soft curls I wanted, and she got it spot on.

*Clap*Clap*Clap!


Cheers,


Post a Comment

© Mommy Joys | Marriage, Motherhood, Life.. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.