Sunday, March 25, 2012

Betcha By Golly Gown!


Vera Wang. Elie Saab. Monique Lhuillier. Reem Acra. Oscar dela Renta.

These are only some of the renowned A-listers when it comes to bridal fashion.  If you have hundreds of thousands to spare (or millions, even), then you can definitely afford a wedding gown made by them.  But for brides with a shoestring budget like myself, their creations can only serve as inspirations. Hehe.  Besides, there are many brilliant designers locally who can make beautiful gowns, without couples having to break the bank. The key is to show them various pegs and crystal clear descriptions of what the bride wants, details such as the gown's silhouette or cut, neckline, sleeve style, length, et cetera.  

As a bride-to-be myself, what do I want?  How do I like my gown to look?

1)  THE CUT.
I am vertically challenged, perhaps you know that. *frowns* I'm a five-footer and am far from having those skinny models' body type.  If I were that slender, then my first choice would probably be a full-skirted ball gown.  But I am not, and I risk literally looking like a ball if I wear a ball gown. =D  I want to wear something which would in fact make me look slimmer and taller.  The answer? A trumpet/mermaid wedding dress! :)

Notice the skirt thick with "frou-frou," =D That's a must for me.  The frou-frou could be anything from ruffles to pleats or feathers.

2)  THE NECKLINE.
I find the sweetheart neckline pretty and "very me".  The cut shows off a bit of the cleavage, but it still looks very decent and classy.


If the church would be too strict to approve the sweetheart neckline without straps, then I'd probably have invisible lace added.  Something similar to this:


3)  THE LENGTH.
This is something I cannot answer for myself.  Depending on how my designer would put my wishes together, he'll give me his recommendation as to how long the gown's skirt has to be.  I have a request though.  The train has to be loooong.


Hmm.  I believe I am ready to sit down with my designer Boy Kastner Santos who, by the way, was "Weddings at Work's Supplier of the Year in 2011."  I am lucky to have found and booked him even before he was announced the awardee.  Nakapag-haggle pa ako. =D  He must cost a bit more expensive now.

See you on April 22, Tito Boy! :)  I can't wait to see my gown's sketch! :)


Cheers,

2 comments

  1. Hi Sis Joyce! measurement mo na kay tito Boy? ako sa May naman kay emil :D sexy ka naman bagay sayo talaga ang mermaid cut, ako kailangan ko pa magpapayat haha :D happy preps!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello sis! :) Yup, measurement na and finalization ng design. Can't contain my excitement! =D Happy preps to us! :)

    ReplyDelete

© Mommy Joys | Marriage, Motherhood, Life.. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.