Saturday, January 28, 2012

On Whimsical Wedding Cakes

If there's one thing a wedding reception can't be without, it's the CAKE. :) It takes center stage in the traditional cake cutting ceremony which, according to wikipedia, symbolizes the bride and groom's "first joint task in married life" as they cut the cake together.  Though I previously thought this signified something more profound (hehe), still the fact remains that the cake is always present in weddings, wherever part of the world you may be.

As we are nearing our big day, I've started to pin down details such as this and I never imagined it would be difficult.  However, after I've revisited my shortlist, I realized that deciding which one to choose could be a bit of a challenge. These cakes are all so lovely!

Since our theme would be "Romantic Whimsical," I want flowers, ribbons, and/or pearls incorporated on our wedding cake.  I browsed around for pegs and saved the whimsical ones.  What do you guys think?  Who's the fairest of them all?
"Squarely Regal"
"Sweet and Innocent"

"Elegant Bows"
"Romantic Blooms"
"Imperial Elements"


"Circles & Layers"
Cheers,

Post a Comment

© Mommy Joys | Marriage, Motherhood, Life.. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.