Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year's Prayer

written by Jack Zavada

Lord, this year I want to change, 
and I've said that in the past. 
but now my prayer is different 
'cause I understand at last.

I wanted my own way before, 
I ignored your loving plans. 
But now I'm putting everything 
into your nail-scarred hands.

I promise to obey you 
out of gratitude and love. 
I won't be giving orders 
to my Father up above.

I finally realize the truth 
and so I've changed my prayer. 
The safest place for me to be 
is in your gentle care.

Please be my shepherd, Jesus, 
that's all I ask of you. 
In good times and in bad this year, 
Take my hand and lead me through.

AMEN.

Happy new year folks! :)

Cheers,

Post a Comment

© Mommy Joys | Marriage, Motherhood, Life.. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.